A New Beginning - 2015

Another year gone by! Another leaf turned over.....this one was supposed to be special owing to the fact that it was the first year of marriage... novel and revitalizing and a phase of self- discovery. I have had a very blissful year when you come to think of it. No hassles with the already known husband (then boyfriend) ...... of course a few fights, arguments and disagreements did pop out here and there...but as they say its being going well :).
You rather get addicted to the company and safe haven of your partner.In my case, I got totally dependent on him seeking him for every problem, waiting to turn over his magic wand and fix all the troubles away and criticize and nag him if he behaved any bit strand of human by failing least.  I lost my independence, control over myself in return of life long beautiful companionship. The odds are high. I'm unable to decide which one is better though my heart wishes for both. I believe its possible as well. I'm just struggling with the recipe for the perfect balance.
Another important aspect that comes along are the complicated level of social relationships. Its like getting lost in the whirlpool. In my case it was at 2 cosmic levels. Different Indian states, different Community, different perspectives !  I guess marriage would serve very well for the practical internship of Psychological students :)
People have started suggesting the idea of turning into 3 at 1, which I think is quite amusing and exploits the personal aspirations of the people at stake. I am flabbergasted at my own reactions. I feel there is still lot to explore, achieve, unwind and satisfy the creative soul though to confess I've done absolutely nothing in that direction yet. These fits of self remediation occur every 2-3 months to remind me of my individualistic goal.
So as part of New beginning, strategically placed at the end of the calender year, I wish for creative freedom and soul search and professional satisfaction. The strength of my loving partner is the eminent source of food for me.  I hope I'm able to provide support for his aspirations as well.
This year is dedicated to all the crazy things that I can do while still happily and thankfully bound..... an attempt at professional photography or creative writing or endless travels or learning to be happy without any reason.I insist every one reading this must do some soul searching. Its not customary to be proactive about this only at a new year start ( though it gives some sort of inspiring feeling at the boulevard of time and space). Life happens when you start living it!

P.S. : On  re-reading, I wonder if it may sound a highly critical note on marriage by a depressed person. But I want to assure that is not the case :). It might sound like that at first but to connect on a deeper level its an insight to the mind of a newly wed. Ah ! forget it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Marriages throw a lot of questions at you, things you thought were alien suddenly become your every day life , We are forced to make choices and sometimes our choices will hurt people too , I am learning to be brave .... To speak my mind , to say no to intrusion , no to stupid rituals........... I have not said any Noooos yet , but I say them in my mind , proabably will say them out loud one day too , but yes Marriages are a beautiful thing because the infinite love you feel when you get back home to your husband probably outshines rest of your worries :)
As for soul searching , guess kab khuda ki rehmat ho , kaun keh sakta hai ,bas dua hai ki aarzoo e dil barkarar rahe .......way to go amy
Amrita Sharma said…
Brilliant reply Anonymous... I wonder how perfectly u have described the struggles of a newly wed. As though u were reading my mind :)... Arzoo e dil barkarar rahe... Stay amused witb life !

Popular posts from this blog

Things to do before/after swimming

Meditate your way up life!

Real Beauty (Party of IndiBlogger contest)